Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 12: The last post...

It's the end, imaginary blog-readers!
I know you are all going to miss me and my wonderful rantings about the beautiful world of digital media! Fear not, for I can still be found across the interweb... somewhere...

Truth be told, I was rather surprised by how much I enjoyed this course, and I am fairly bummed that is coming to a close. I didn't know much about this stuff at all when the course started, and now I feel like I have all this wonderful knowledge in my brain. I have learned a lot, about various programs like photoshop, flash and dreamweaver. I don't know if I'm actually any good at this stuff, but I kind of love it. Especially dreamweaver.

I thought following the tutorials each week was a good way to learn, because as I began to understand more, I was able to improvise on them and create my own thing. Plus, I like having basic instructions that I can fall back on later when I am making my own work.

This course has indeed changed the way I look at digital media. I have so much respect for the people who create even the smallest pieces of work now. It takes a lot of effort to create anything!

Liking this course has really put me in a dilemma though. When we were shown what they do in later courses in this genre, I was enthralled. They totally got to me. I never planned for digital media to be something that I would focus on in this course, but now I am seriously considering it. The problem is I want to do EVERYTHING. So I really don't know what's going to happen.

The most important thing I am taking away from this course is that I can accomplish stuff like this. I was doubtful of my skills in this area, and sure, they're not as pristine as some other peoples, but I did fairly well, better than I thought I would. I know it sounds full of cheese, but this class truly was such a valuable and enriching learning experience.

1 comment: